| Home | Article Database | Fun Stuff | Resources | Tools & Calculators | Search HY

Ask the Mental Health Expert Archives 2001-2004

Expert Home  |  Archives by Date  |  Search Expert Archives  |  For Professionals  |  For Consumers

Week of January 26, 2004

    Question: My 16-year-old son has been diagnosed with Asperger's and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). He is not currently on any medications, because he said that the Imipramine was not doing anything. His psychiatrist just moved but I want him to be on something...    Dr. Pies' Answer

    Question: I'm a 19-year-old female college student. For several years I have showed signs and symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), however my parents don't like to think I have any problems and therefore have not allowed any tests. They instead accuse me of being lazy and unmotivated as reasons for my low grades...    Dr. Pies' Answer

    Question: I was wondering if you know of the effectiveness of Ultram or morphine for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)? There have been several studies that indicate that it may be an effective treatment for refractory OCD. What are your thoughts?    Dr. Pies' Answer

    Question: I have a 21-year-old husband. We have been married almost 2 years. He has bipolar disorder with suicidal tendencies and I had him admitted to the hospital. Regarding confidentiality, can his parents talk to the doctor about his condition without my being there? I thought the doctor couldn't talk to his parents, since he is a married adult. Can you offer me any help?    Dr. Pies' Answer